The Finance Department is responsible for the City’s Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Special Assessments and Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Provide financial infrastructure for City government and provide financial information and technical assistance to City departments, administration, City Council, grantor agencies, and the public as necessary.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget
- Manage the City's funds
- Research and identify the best financing sources for major capital projects to maximize use of City resources
- Disburse funds for services and goods rendered to the City.
- Bill and collect all funds owed to the City.
- Maintain the City’s accounting system to ensure that financial transactions are captured and recorded properly.
- Develop the City’s annual financial reports, including the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.